1. Once thought done for the season, Georgia defensive end Abry Jones may play in a bowl game. Linebacker Chase Vasser will have surgery on a torn labrum – he’s out for the year.
2. Jadeveon Clowney held out of practice Wednesday for South Carolina. Quarterback Connor Shaw did practice and according to his quarterbacks coach, should be ready to go Saturday.
3. How Texas A&M has changed the bowl picture for South Carolina.
4. The president/CEO of the Music City Bowl says Vanderbilt is in the lead.
5. Vanderbilt’s defense has averaged giving up just 78.3 rushing yards last four games. Update on running back Zac Stacy.
6. Tennessee safeties coach Josh Conklin appears to have taken a more active role in the defense.
7. Tennessee assistant coaches are used to moving – this is John Palermo’s 13th job, 14th stop for Sam Pittman.
8. Worried he might be paralyzed, the four hours at a hospital that changed Missouri tight end Eric Waters’ outlook on life.
9. Missouri’s third-down defense is ranked 9th in the country.
10. With quarterback Jeff Driskel out for Florida, Jacoby Brissett will make his fourth career start Saturday. Will Muschamp on defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd’s adoption: “I never, absolutely, worried about any eligibility issues.”
11. Kentucky center Matt Smith a semi-finalist for the Danny Wuerffel trophy. Alabama’s Barrett Jones won it last year.
12. Putting Mississippi State’s season in perspective - win out (including a bowl game) – and this team has a 10-win season.
13. Senior receiver Chad Bumphis prepares for his home finale – leads the Bulldogs in receptions, yards and TD catches.
14. Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace on facing LSU and then Mississippi State to end the season: “We can win this game, and we can win the next one.”
15. Hugh Freeze regrets not using running back Randall Mackey more against Vanderbilt: ”We didn’t use him good enough,” he said. “It’s our fault.”
16. Under Les Miles, Tigers perfect when rushing for 100 yards and holding opponent to less than 100. Ole Miss hasn’t hit the century mark in a month.
17. LSU offense averaging nearly 50 yards more per game than last season. Two freshmen starting on right side of Tigers offensive line - ‘results have been impressive’.
18. Biggest difference in Alabama defense last two weeks? Third down. LSU and Texas A&M converted 21 of 38 times (55.2%).
19. Alabama players not big on watching college football games they’re not involved in.
20. Auburn quarterbacks Clint Mosley and Kiehl Frazier are close to 100% after battling nagging injuries.
21. Auburn offensive coordinator Scott Loeffler on the Tigers running game: “It’s been horrific.” Team ranks 12th in the SEC in rushing offense.
22. When it comes to Johnny Manziel and Heisman hype, Texas A&M decides the best campaign is no formal campaign at all.
23. Arkansas coach John L. Smith on cornerback Tevin Mitchell’s Twitter post that he’s running track after the football season is over: “Maybe he’s going to run track. That’s news to me.”
24. One of the creditors in Smith’s bankruptcy case wants the court to put the coach under oath to talk about his finances – including his arrangements with the university.
25. College football is on rec0rd-setting pace this season – an average of 29.3 points per team/per game this season.
26. The SEC has needed help to reach the BCS title game in past years – and it’s gotten it.
27. Athlon’s SEC storylines for Week 12.
28. ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. says Alabama center Barrett Jones is a potential third or fourth round draft pick.
29. Kiper is high on Tennessee wide receivers Cordarrelle Patterson and Justin Hunter: “Patterson’s a freakish talent. Patterson will probably, I think, go ahead of Hunter after all’s said and done.”
30. Here are five candidates at Florida who could leave early for the NFL draft.
31. ESPN’s The Magazine on the obsessive focus of Les Miles.
32. ESPN’s Outside The Lines on the infamous post-game encounter between an Alabama fan and an LSU fan.
33. Tennessee’s Neyland Stadium gets reviewed. If you want a tour of Notre Dame Stadium, it will cost you $10.
34. Tony Barnhart on Bill Curry - ”one of the truly good men in college football.”
35. SEC and Big 12 reach a 12-year agreement with ESPN on the rights to the Sugar Bowl.
36. “For all of the hype surrounding Oregon games, Oregon practices might be even better.”
37. Top 10 defunct sports rivalries.
38. Despite missing Monday’s practice with migraine headache, Florida forward Erik Murphy goes a perfect 10-for-1o from the field. Gators beat Wisconsin 74-56.
39. Murphy was on the verge of leaving Florida not that long ago.
40. Mississippi State guard Jalen Steele has a fractured left wrist – out about six weeks. Forward Colin Borchert suspended. Bulldogs down to six available scholarship players.
41. Tennessee playing UNC Asheville this afternoon at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. Jarnell Stokes on Naismith Trophy Watch List.
42. Alabama meets Oregon State tonight in Madison Square Garden.
43. Auburn plays Murray State in the Charleston Classic.
44. Missouri is off to a 2-0 start but led by only a combined 13 points at half against weaker opponents.
45. Should kids be playing tackle football?