November 17th, 2010 08:26 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Florida, Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, Tennessee
Tags: Maravich Assembly Center, Nicholls State, SEC, South Carolina
From an RPI perspective, the SEC didn’t have a great night last on the hardwood. Five league teams were in action… three lost their games… one of the losses was to Nicholls State… and one team got bombed on its home floor.
* South Carolina trailed by 17 at the break but battled back for a respectable 82-73 loss at #2 Michigan State.
* #10 Florida’s going to be dropping in the rankings after #5 Ohio State outscored them 55-34 in the second half in Gainesville last night. The ugly final: 93-75.
* Georgia struggled at home with traditional Big 12 also-ran Colorado. The Dawgs led just 72-70 with 1:32 remaining, but pulled away for a 83-74 victory.
* Tennessee saw tiny Belmont go on a 22-6 run to tie the game at 77 with 36 seconds left. The Vols came back to life and protected their homecourt — barely — with an 85-76 win.
* LSU’s 82-game home winning streak against in-state foes came to an end last night as Nicholls State controlled the second half and won 62-53 at the Maravich Assembly Center.
Ah, the league will have better nights.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|