November 14th, 2011 03:53 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Georgia, Marcus Roberson, Maxwell Smith, UK
1. Florida corner Marcus Roberson is out for the rest of the season with a neck injury.
2. The Gators — who’ve now lost five of their last six — will try to finish strong. (Good thing they’ve got Furman coming to Gainesville next.)
3. Georgia isn’t celebrating anything yet as it turns its attention to Kentucky.
4. But looking ahead, one oddsmaker would make Georgia a 10.5 point underdog to LSU in the SEC Championship Game.
5. Kentucky is reeling after a 30-point blowout loss to Vanderbilt on Saturday.
6. UK will continue to go with freshman Maxwell Smith at quarterback (who didn’t get much help in Nashville on Saturday.)
7. With “little hope” in the SEC East, South Carolina turns its attention to in-state foes The Citadel and Clemson. (One should be considerably tougher than the other.)
8. Steve Spurrier teared up after Saturday’s game while explaining to his players how significant it is for Carolina to have beaten Florida, Georgia and Tennessee in back-to-back years.
9. Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray has been cleared to return to practice and is listed as questionable for Saturday game…
10. Good thing, because the Vols’ game with Vanderbilt will define their season.
11. James Franklin doesn’t want his team to get too emotional for Saturday’s game in Knoxville.
12. Kevin Stallings says Cleveland State came into Nashville and outplayed his team “from start to finish.”
|Post Comments »||No Comments|