November 25th, 2010 09:59 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: LSU, Marshawn Powell, MSU, Ole Miss
For those of you heading to the computer to get away from family for a few minutes, we wanted to bring you a nice list of SEC headlines today.
Enjoy this feast of SEC West news…
1. Alabama has had some success with the no-huddle offense.
2. A bigger, louder Bryant-Denny Stadium might help the Crimson Tide against Auburn.
3. The Tide will be motivated to ruin Auburn’s season.
4. Gus Malzahn is still working to perfect Auburn’s offense.
5. Stadium expansion in Tuscaloosa put the kibosh on the Tiger Walk.
6. Cam Newton vs. Nick Saban: Something’s gotta give.
7. Tomorrow’s Iron Bowl will be just the sixth game since 1948 to feature both UA and AU in the Top 10.
8. Bobby Petrino says LSU’s offense has definitely “gotten better and better as the year has gone on.”
9. The Razorbacks are working on trick plays heading into Saturday’s matchup with The Mad Hatter.
10. Marshawn Powell might be ready to suit up for John Pelphrey’s team on Friday.
11. LSU plans to keep right on rotating its quarterbacks.
12. Now those quarterbacks might be poised for a strong finish.
13. This writer believes the 2010 season “has felt as much or more like a championship season than 2007″ in Louisiana.
14. For all the talk, the Egg Bowl will come down to execution. (Kudos to Brad Locke for his tinku reference.)
15. Ole Miss has one more chance this year to record a big win.
16. Bradley Sowell says Houston Nutt “really wants this one because he feels like he’s had it kind of rubbed in his face or whatever.”
17. MSU is the hunted this year… not the hunter.
18. Dan Mullen tells State fans not to worry about job speculation this offseason.
19. Mullen is rumored to be on Minnesota’s radar.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|