Alabama 49 – Michigan State 7
1. Michigan State head coach Mark Dantonio: “Sometimes there’s an avalanche that comes upon you.”
2. Difference in total yardage - 546 to 171.
3. A different mindset for this team vs. the 2008 team that lost to Utah.
4. Jon Solomon: “Can’t think of a more impressive defensive performance against a highly-ranked team.”
5. Bill Bryant: “Michigan State is no Auburn, just like the Big Ten is no Southeastern Conference.”
6. Michigan State’s All-American linebacker didn’t make a difference against the Tide.
7. Greg McElroy goes out a winner.
8. We seem to get this story after every Bowl game. Tide underclassmen not ready to discuss possible jump to the NFL. But it’s probably time for Mark Ingram to head to the pros.
Mississippi State 52 – Michigan 14
9. Gator Bowl record for points.
10. 42-0 over the last three quarters.
11. Vick Ballard sets a single season TD-rushing record for the Bulldogs.
12. Missippi State fans will savor this victory for awhile.
Florida 37 – Penn State 24
13. Urban Meyer wins his fifth bowl game in six tries at Florida.
14. Gene Frenette: “A nightmarish season ended in feel-good fashion Saturday.”
15. One last gift for Meyer.
16. Pat Dooley: “It was the perfect ending.”
17. Meyer on Ahmed Black. ”He’s the best safety in college football.”
18. Solomon Patton plays field general for the Gators.
19. Out with the old – in with the new. Charlie Weis and Aubrey Hill headed to Florida as assistant coaches. The view from Kansas City.
20. What was the Penn State mascot up to?
21. Just a horrible day for the Big Ten.