November 22nd, 2013 11:30 AM║ Posted By: Josh Ward ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alex Collins, Georgia, Kenny Bell, LSU, Mark Stoops, Mike Evans, Ole Miss
1. Alabama coach Nick Saban explained what freshman cornerback Eddie Jackson has to do to earn more playing time.
2. Seniors AJ McCarron, Kenny Bell and Kevin Norwood have formed quite a bond during their time at Alabama.
3. Auburn’s linebackers played well last weekend despite a breakdown “here or there.”
4. Arkansas freshman running Alex Collins has been great but is “nowhere even close to being what he can be,” according to coach Bret Bielema.
5. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen hasn’t announced which quarterback he will start against Arkansas. Bielema said he wouldn’t say so either.
6. LSU is preparing for a tough test against Texas A&M star wide receiver Mike Evans.
7. LSU’s defensive ends will be focused on staying disciplined against Texas A&M and quarterback Johnny Manziel.
8. Where does Manziel stand among the all-time SEC greats? Ron Higgins takes a look.
9. Ole Miss is preparing for the return of Missouri quarterback James Franklin.
10. Texas A&M’s defense will certainly be tested when it goes up against LSU and quarterback Zach Mettenberger.
11. Meet Christian Provancha, who’s one play away from being Florida’s starting quarterback.
12. Players are standing up for Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham as he hears criticism over the defense’s struggles.
13. An injury during his freshman year slowed the development of Georgia senior D.J. Stripling.
14. Kentucky has suspended three players for this week’s game at Georgia. One is suspended indefinitely.
15. True freshman quarterback Reese Phillips has impressed Kentucky coach Mark Stoops while Phillips redshirts this season.
16. South Carolina running back Shon Carson is preparing to make his first career start against Coastal Carolina.
17. The Tennessee-Vanderbilt game is important because the two schools battle for the same in-state players.
18. Vanderbilt will need a good defensive performance as it tries to beat Tennessee in Knoxville.
19. Ole Miss is preparing for Missouri’s strong pass rush. “They’re a special group,” Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze said.
20. Georgia lost 94-82 to Davidson on Thursday night. It was Davidson’s first win of the season.
21. A balanced attack from Florida helped the Gators beat MTSU 79-59 on Thursday night.
22. Highly-touted freshman Jarell Martin is getting closer to returning for LSU after he injured his ankle in the season opener.
23. Ole Miss will be at home Friday night as it takes on Mississippi Valley State.
24. Transfer Jordan Clarkson has shown he will be an important part of Missouri’s basketball team.
25. Pat Forde and Dan Wetzel take a close look at the investigation involving Florida State QB Jameis Winston.
26. USA Today’s college football staff is split on picks in the Ole Miss-Missouri and LSU-Texas A&M games.
27. Lane Kiffin on Southern Cal’s head coaching vacancy: “That’s easy. That’s already done. It should be Ed Orgeron.”
28. Notre Dame nose tackle Louis Nix is lost for the season with a torn meniscus.
29. What happened to the Heisman buzz surrounding Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota. Ted Miller looks at Mariota’s strong season.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|