1. LSU’s Johnny Jones has slowed his team down and perhaps turned its season around.
2. The Tigers will try to snap an eight-game losing streak against Alabama tomorrow.
3. Ole Miss will have to continue playing without injured reserve center Demarco Cox.
4. Florida will have to bounce back from it’s first SEC loss without injured forward Will Yeguete.
5. Vanderbilt’s Kevin Stallings on hosting an Arkansas team that held VU to 33 points last month: “We got very sped up and unsettled at their place, and so we’ll just have to settle in and play a better offensive game.” (Ya think?)
6. For you recruitniks out there, you can check out our view of the top signees and sleepers for each SEC signing class right here.
7. Redshirt guard Jordan Diamond says he’s over his injury and ready to play for Auburn.
8. Alabama assistant Kirby Smart: Scout’s Recruiter of the Year.
9. Alabama assistant Mike Groh: 247Sports’ Recruiter of the Year. (Kudos to Smart and Groh, but selling Bama and Nick Saban right now isn’t the toughest job in the world.)
10. Report: Alabama offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland will be the next O-line coach for the NFL’s Eagles.
11. Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin: “What’s he rated? Who’s recruiting him? I don’t care.”
12. Georgia’s Todd Grantham met with the Saints yesterday… so did UGA mislead any prospects about his plans? “No comment,” says one mom.
13. On signing day, Arkansas played to the Southern stereotype.
14. 10 ex-Florida players have been invited to the NFL combine… good thing the Gators keep adding and adding to this year’s signing class.
15. How’d Hugh Freeze do it? Here’s a look at how Ole Miss built its stellar signing class.
16. Ole Miss assistant Chris Kiffin: FoxSportsNext’s Recruiter of the Year.
17. Which signees will surprise for Mississippi and Mississippi State?
18. Kentucky went the juco route on signing day.
19. The Wildcats’ recruiting pitch: A great offensive system and a great defensive system will equal a great team.
20. South Carolina’s Steve Spurrier: “Recruiting can be a little deceiving at times. You never know what you’ve got until you really play it out.”
21. Tennessee defensive coordinator John Jancek on the Vols’ new D: “You’re going to be proud of the product you come to watch every Saturday.”
22. Has Missouri football stalled?
23. Regardless of rankings, Gary Pinkel says he likes the Tigers’ signing class.
24. The new college football playoff selection committee will seat between 14 and 20 members. “If you don’t get that right, it’s hard to get the rest of it right.”
25. That Super Bowl blackout? Faulty equipment.
26. Don’t believe the internet rumors… Duke students didn’t chant ugly comments at an NC State player who’d just lost his grandmother.