1. Why did CBS analyst Gary Danielson watch a tape of the 2009 Tennessee-Auburn game to prepare for this weekend’s Iron Bowl?
2. Alabama guard Anthony Steen on the difference in this year’s Auburn team: ”Maybe the same guys but they have a different mindset and they play harder, so we know it’s going to be a tough game.”
3. Auburn center Reese Dismukes on Alabama: “They’ll be the best we’ve played, and we’re going to have to play our best game to have a shot.”
4. Not surprisingly, Alabama/Auburn is the most expensive ticket in college football this weekend and it’s not even close.
5. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin clarifies his comments regarding Johnny Manziel’s future: “I didn’t say that he’s going to make a decision before the bowl game is played.”
6. Why did Texas A&M turn away from the run against LSU? Coaches explain.
7. LSU coach Les Miles on players departing early for the NFL: ”I can tell you that I have been as animated and as opinionated and as forthcoming as I could possibly be, and frankly, it’s their decision.”
8. The numbers tell the story - Cam Cameron’s big impact on the LSU offense.
9. South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw is 16-0 as a starter in games at Williams-Brice Stadium.
10. It will be quite the night at South Carolina – kicking off against Clemson at 7:00 Eastern and then scoreboard watching the A&M/Missouri contest which starts 45 minutes later. Jadeveon Clowney is resting his foot.
11. Steve Spurrier: “If you ask me whether I’d win the SEC Championship or beat Clemson, I’d rather win the SEC Championship if I had a choice.”
12. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel on running back Henry Josey: “I think he’s playing as good or better than he ever has.”
13. Big part of Mizzou’s success this season? Red zone defense.
14. Missouri and Auburn are two teams that have wildly exceeded expectations this year.
15. The numbers on Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen: A .622 winning percentage in his first 45 games – but has only won about 35 percent of contests since then.
16. Mullen on playing Ole Miss: “I bet if you talked to a lot of our fans and said, ‘Hey you’re going to go 11-1 and lose the Egg Bowl,’ they’d be pretty disappointed.”
17. Why the weather has Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze worried. Mississippi State will wear special uniforms Thursday night.
18. Does Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease think he’ll return next season? “I would hope so.”
19. Why Florida assistant coach Travaris Robinson is one of the best recruiters in the country.
20. The one game Arkansas will play in Little Rock next year will be against Georgia.
21. Arkansas fullback Keiro Small on coach Bret Bielema: “He’s a stand-up guy.”
22. David Climer looks ahead to the 2014 Tennessee season - “here’s the scary part for UT fans: Next season will be more of the same.”
23. Jacques Smith’s time at Tennessee: “Played for two head coaches, three defensive coordinators and four different position coaches. ”
24. Tennessee quarterback Josh Dobbs: “I’m extremely confident in my skills,”
25. Vanderbilt safety Kenny Ladlar – who leads the SEC in interceptions – will miss the first half of the Wake Forest game after being slapped with a targeting penalty against Tennessee.
26. Ron Higgins on the SEC’s secret formula: “College football became ingrained in our culture more than in any other part of the nation.”
27. Alabama faces Duke tonight at Madison Square Garden in the NIT Season Tip-Off.
28. Kentucky plays Eastern Michigan this afternoon at Rupp Arena.
29. Mississippi State hosts Jackson State this afternoon. Coach Rick Ray: “Defensively, I’m a little worried where the team is right now.”
30. Missouri coach Frank Haith’s suspension has lifted. “It feels really good to be back.”
31. Ole Miss has signed the loan documents to build a new basketball arena.
32. Our SEC hoops roundup from earlier today.
33. Accusations fly at a court hearing involving former Vanderbilt players accused in a rape case.