March 10th, 2013 11:17 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Mal Moore, Mitch Barnhart, NCAA, recruiting
1. Message to Tennessee football players from Butch Jones on first day of spring practice: “Every single rep counts; every single practice counts.”
2. Spring practice starts today at Arkansas. Coach Bret Bielema on his players: “They’re just very, very hungry to have success.”
3. In the wake of Gene Chizik’s final season at Auburn, Gus Malzahn and staff are putting a big emphasis on discipline.
4. Hamstring tightness is reportedly the reason whyrunning back Eddie Lacy will miss Alabama’s pro day.
5. Brought over from Alabama to boost recruiting, here’s what new Texas hire Patrick Suddes had to say about the Longhorns: “They were the best, and they didn’t feel like they needed to change. But recruiting changed. … You have to keep up with the Joneses.”
6. Kevin Scarbinsky on the Alabama A.D. “The fact that (Mal) Moore ranks 11th among SEC athletics directors in annual compensation suggests he’s due the biggest raise of his career.”
7. Florida state senator on the NCAA - ”the whole system needs to be revamped.”
8. Trevor Releford’s buzzer beater Saturday “will go down as one of the most memorable moments in the history of 44-year-old Coleman Coliseum.”
9. “Julius Mays is neither the star of Kentucky’s team nor its best supporting actor,” but he’s an important part of the team.
10. Pat Forde: “Calipari’s Kentucky team is experiencing the dark side of one-and-done…”
11. Some good news for Florida in yesterday’s loss as Will Yeguete continues to make progress returning after a knee injury. Coach Billy Donovan: “This is the first time I’ve seen Yeguete back to close to where he was at.”
12. What was on the line Saturday for Tennessee? “Only everything, if you believe the NCAA tournament bracketologists.”
13. Arkansas is the seven seed in the SEC Tournament – play 10-seed Vanderbilt Thursday. Ten conference wins for Razorbacks most since the 2005-2006 season.
14. There’s a chance the state of Texas may not be represented in this year’s NCAA Tournament. Hasn’t happened since 1977.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|