September 12th, 2012 12:31 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Louisiana Monroe, Multiplicity Crimson Tide
1. What about Georgia’s Jarvis Jones for the Heisman?
2. Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease likes the progress that quarterback Jeff Driskel is making: “OK, the kid’s growing up.”
3. Pease on running back Mike Gillislee – the SEC’s leading rusher. “I knew in the spring, this kid’s got something.”
4. Is the Tennessee-Florida game reclaiming its spot as a premier rivalry?
5. In the history of Tennessee football, only two players have caught 17 passes in the first two games. Justin Hunter is one of them.
6. Derek Dooley on quarterback Tyler Bray: “I wouldn’t trade him.”
7. What does Kentucky look for in its offensive lineman? “We know we’re not the strongest offensive line; we’re not the fastest, but we’re going to be the smartest.”
8. From one Kentucky quarterback to another – Andre Woodson on Max Smith: “I think he’ll be one of the best quarterbacks to ever come through this university.”
9. South Carolina safety D.J. Swearinger emphasizes film study of early games. “You just get to see the little things that you need to work on.”
10. UAB’s coach has Steve Spurrier concerned. Garrick McGee was Arkansas’ offensive coordinator the past two years.
11. On second thought, after reviewing the tape, maybe Mizzou ran the ball against Georgia a little better than thought.
12. Vanderbilt’s opponent Saturday – Presbyterian – is the smallest school in the Football Championship Subdivision.
14. Auburn defensive back T’Sharvan Bell: “I wouldn’t say the effort is poor, but I’m not going to say that we’re giving a championship effort right now.”
16. “LSU has so much depth on its defensive line that sometimes a guy can drown in it, then resurface.”
17. Multiplicity – Crimson Tide style. Alabama used 22 combinations of defensive linemen on 62 plays Saturday.
18. Nick Saban can dish it. Can he take it?
18. When it comes to both Alabama and LSU – “All else is prelude to the main event.”
19. Gary Danielson on the Arkansas offense: “They’ve got to find some help for Tyler Wilson if he plays or whoever the quarterback is because they’ll kill the next quarterback if they can’t help him.”
20. Razorbacks preparing with Brandon Allen and Brandon Mitchell taking snaps. Allen the likely starter if Wilson can’t go.
21. Texas A&M is pleased with the transition to a 4-3 defense.
22. Mississippi State receivers coach Tim Brewster on Chad Bumphis: “I’ve been around a lot of really good wide receivers, particularly slot guys that are choice options runners, and Chad Bumphis is as good as I’ve been around,”
23. Ole Miss and Oxford are expecting a crush of people for this weekend’s Texas game. Now about those Matthew McConaughey and Willie Nelson rumors…
24. New book on the SEC includes a chapter on Lane Kiffin’s time in Knoxville. Anonymous email to AD Mike Hamilton: “I hope you budgeted extra money for defending (NCAA) violations.”
25. Also from the book – “How The SEC Became Goliath” – the Manning Passing Academy helped former Florida quarterback Chris Leak. Archie Manning phone message to Urban Meyer following the Gators national championship: “How did we do?”
26. Don’t blame the fans for leaving games early – blame the TV networks for their crazy schedules.
27. Sneak peek at the ESPNU documentary on former Mississippi State coach Sylvester Croom that premiers September 25th.
28. Top 20 coaches on the hot seat includes more than one from the SEC.
29. Tennessee in 1998, Florida in 2008, Auburn and Alabama the last two years have a few things in common. All won national championships – all led the SEC in rushing.
31. Eight surprising 2-0 teams in college football.
|Post Comments »||Comments (2)|