September 13th, 2011 02:02 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: LSU, Mississippi State, Nick Saban, Northwestern State
1. Alabama’s defensive coaches wanted more forced fumbles this year… they’re getting more forced fumbles this year.
2. AJ McCarron has become Bama’s de facto starting quarterback, but Nick Saban still wants to get some playing time for Phillip Sims.
3. Gene Chizik says Auburn took some “baby steps” against Mississippi State, but the Tigers still “have so many strides to go” to become a good football team.
4. Senior tackle AJ Greene has worked himself all the way back from a serious injury to Auburn’s starting rotation.
5. Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson says he learned a valuable lesson last week — “Probably try to get out of the way (of defenders) a little more.”
6. There’s a chance running back Dennis Johnson will see his first action of the season on Saturday against Troy.
7. LSU “didn’t have to take the punishment” from Northwestern State that Mississippi State had to take from Auburn… as both teams prepare their Thursday nighter.
8. Les Miles wants his QBs to be able to sing the LSU alma mater. Really.
9. Jordan Jefferson and Jimmy Johns got some of their shoes back yesterday, but police are still doing DNA testing on a few pairs.
10. Juco transfer Zach Stoudt is comfortable in the starting quarterback’s role at Ole Miss.
11. Defensive end Kentrell Lockett has been pretty quiet in the Rebels’ first two games.
12. Dan Mullen says MSU fans are no longer happy with being competitive: “Our people expect us to win.”
13. The Bulldogs’ coach is hoping his young linebackers are learning from their mistakes.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|