July 23rd, 2013 12:15 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Florida Gators, LSU, Ohio State Michigan, Phil Steele, SEC
1. Is Jay-Z targeting Jadeveon Clowney as a client? The South Carolina defensive end posts the story on his Instagram account. ”You kno (sic) we about to turn up. Dream coming true.” Apparently, the Instagram was quickly deleted.
2. Toughest September in the country? In a four-week span, Georgia will face Clemson, South Carolina and LSU, Couple of Bulldogs signees are academic casualties.
3. Former Georgia trainer’s email about concussions is released as part of broader document investigation. He says he wasn’t talking about the Bulldogs.
4. SEC player survey on the new targeting rule. 12 of them favor it – eight oppose it. We call it the most controversial rule change in ages.
5. LSU coach Les Miles likes his offense. “I think you’ll look forward to us throwing the football.”
6. Kevin Sumlin on Johnny Manziel: “The best thing I think that happened was us bringing him to SEC Media Days…”
7. A 10-2 season for Texas A&M? That’s the pick of five of six people at Athlon Sports – including MrSEC’s Josh Ward.
8. The same crew sees everything from 9-3 to 11-1 for the Florida Gators.
9. Tennessee tweaks its uniforms to include a state of Tennessee patch.
10. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema on sophomore quarterback Brandon Allen: “I know this: his last two weeks of spring ball were off the charts.” Analyzing the fighting side of the Arkansas coach.
11. South Carolina’s Dylan Thompson spent the weekend working with quarterback guru George Whitfield, Jr.
12. The night before a big SEC game, it’s easier for players to be on the road vs. home, according to Nick Saban. “Players are sequestered. Things are quieter for them. When we play at home, it’s pretty ravenous, it’s a lot for them.”
13. Phil Steele likes the Crimson Tide’s defense. “Clearly, Alabama has a better defense than last year. ” Thinks Alabama will beat Texas A&M “by double digits.”
14. Pat Dooley: “I think the loser of the Vandy-Ole Miss game is going to have a hard time recovering and won’t end up in a bowl game.”
15. Practice at Ole Miss starts August 3 with coach Hugh Freeze admitting he’s expecting incoming freshmen to contribute immediately.
16. The message to Auburn’s wide receivers: ”We’ve got to have somebody step up and be the go-to guy.”
17. Auburn fullback Jay Prosch ”is proof that the demise of the blocking back has been greatly exaggerated.”
18. With injuries to James Franklin, Corbin Berkstresser logged a lot of quarterback time at Missouri last year. He’s now No. 3 on the depth chart. ”It was a little reality check.”
19. Mizzou coach Gary Pinkel on wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham: “He’s a lot different player than he was coming straight out of high school.”
20. SEC Media Days last week. “The wannabes get to share the spotlight this week.”
21. Why would conferences like the SEC not cut ties completely to the NCAA? ”Basketball is the main reason…”
22. Memphis transfer Antonio Barton looks to graduate in August and be eligible immediately at Tennessee.
23. Could former LSU football player Tyrann Mathieu played basketball for the Tigers?
24. Classy move. Kid names his cancer “Michigan”. Wolverines coach Brady Hoke invites him to Ohio State-Michigan game.
25. Michigan with the most hardcore football fans in the country? Five of top 10 from the SEC.
27. Will Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers tweet anything this time around about Ryan Braun?
|Post Comments »||No Comments|