January 11th, 2013 01:20 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Memorial Magic, Nick Saban, Quarterback Jeff Driskel, Vandy
1. Kentucky escaped Vanderbilt’s Memorial Gym with a 60-58 win last night.
2. After building a 47-31 second half lead the Wildcats missed 12 shots in a row as the Commodores went on an 18-0 run.
3. Vandy’s comeback proved that there’s still some Memorial Magic left.
4. Freshman Fred Thomas is making a name for himself in Starkville.
5. Florida’s Scottie Wilbekin has registered 16 assists in his last two games.
6. Tennessee’s Jordan McRae is getting hot, but the Vols are ice cold.
SEC West Football
7. Auburn assistant Charlie Harbison on sharing secondary duties with newly hired Melvin Smith: “Melvin and I are like brothers, so if anyone thinks what we do is opposite, it’s not.”
8. Nick Saban has the perfect job… for Nick Saban.
9. A pair of ex-Razorback quarterbacks have reportedly interviewed for the position of tight ends coach at Arkansas.
10. All-SEC offensive lineman Gabe Jackson will return to Mississippi State for his senior year.
11. As expected, Texas A&M offensive lineman Jake Matthews will return for his senior season.
12. Could the Aggies grab a BCS championship of their own next season?
SEC East Football
13. Quarterback Jeff Driskel will be back, but Florida will still have to answer a lot of off-season questions.
14. A Notre Dame linebacker commitment has flip-flopped and enrolled at Florida.
15. Georgia’s Mark Richt wants to reload on defense and improve on offense.
16. Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart on Commonwealth Stadium renovation plans: “That sends a clear message that they’re serious about their commitment to college football.”
17. Sources say Missouri is set to hire veteran SEC receivers coach Pat Washington.
18. New Tennessee receivers coach Zach Azzani on the Vol WR corps: “It’s pretty depleted.”
19. Rob Chudzinski? I thought Saban was supposed to be coaching the Cleveland Browns next year.
20. Apparently AJ McCarron’s beauty queen girlfriend is going to pose for a photoshoot with Sports Illustrated. (Bet that sexist Brent Musberger is making her do it!)
|Post Comments »||One Comment|