June 16th, 2013 10:41 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Bruce Pearl, College Football, Howard Rock, Mitch Barnhart, NFL, Quinton Dial, Seth Rogan
1. What do you get when you combine NFL tactics with high school recruits? At Tennessee, it means the green light to hire as many as 18 student workers to help with the recruiting process.
2. Reason for hope at Tennessee in 2013? The offensive line.
3. Kentucky has done better in football against Louisville since Mitch Barnhart arrived than it did before he became the A.D.
4. The investigation into the Howard’s Rock incident at Clemson has South Carolina fans wondering about the motivation. “I hope that true fans can make this a peaceful and respectful rivalry again.”
5. Kevin Sumlins’ father recalls Texas A&M’s victory over Alabama last year. “You didn’t believe what you had just seen.”
6. Does Georgia have the toughest non-conference schedule in the SEC this year?
7. What impact will sophomore safety Quintavius Burdette have at Ole Miss this year?
8. College football quietly used a panel last season that reviewed hits to the head and recommended to conferences what punishment should be handed out. Suspension recommended for Quinton Dial hit on Aaron Murray in SEC Championship Game.
9. Proposed college football bowl in Montgomery would be the third for the state of Alabama.
10. From Rick Pitino to John Calipari, the focus at Kentucky has shifted from style of play to a players-first program.
11. If a movie about the former Tennessee coach is ever made, what about Seth Rogan in the lead role for the Bruce Pearl story?
12. Conference confusion. Did you know Johns Hopkins was a member of the Big Ten (lacrosse only)?
13. Gift or theft? Did Russian President Vladimar Putin steal New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft’s Super Bowl ring?
|Post Comments »||No Comments|