March 16th, 2012 12:03 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Jadeveon Clowney, NCAA, Ray Harper, Western Kentucky
Due to outside influences — and a very long post wrapping up all things Stansbury — we’re gonna have to pile the headlines on you today. Here goes…
1. It’ll be all about balance when Florida meets Virginia in the NCAA tourney today.
2. Mike Rosario is back to 100% for the Gators.
3. Georgia will be spending more on its new and improved strength staff.
4. Darius Miller says Kentucky will have “to do a better job of finishing off games.”
5. Meanwhile, vanquished Western Kentucky coach Ray Harper said: “If they want to advance and win a national championship, they’re going to have to shoot the ball better from the perimeter.”
6. South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney was back at practice yesterday after missing a Tuesday workout for academic reasons.
7. In Wichita, this writer believes it would take at least $2 million to lure Gregg Marshall to Columbia.
8. Tennessee is hoping for a home crowd advantage when MTSU visits Monday for a second-round NIT game.
9. The Vols also hope Jeronne Maymon will be ready to return to action.
10. Festus Ezeli’s rebounding prowess helped Vanderbilt pull away from Harvard.
11. Jeffery Taylor had a big night for the Dores playing before friends and family in Albuquerque.
12. Alabama’s defense is gonna bring the heat today against Creighton.
(So will the Blue Jays feel, feel, feel their heat?)
13. The Crimson Tide is 0-3 this season when it gives up 70 points in a game… Creighton averages 80.
14. Folks who know Auburn’s Varez Ward — the central figure in a point-shaving investigation — are staying mum for now.
15. Tailback Knile Davis is happy to be back on Arkansas’ practice field.
16. With linebacker depth a question, defensive end Tenarius Wright is getting a look at that position.
17. LSU’s O-lineman Josh Dworaczyk is glad to be back for a sixth year in Baton Rouge.
18. Once again there was no NCAA tourney for Ole Miss, but Andy Kennedy held things together in spite of injuries and off-court issues.
19. Texas A&M AD Billy Byrne says hoops coach Billy Kennedy — diagnosed with Parkinson’s just before his first season in College Station – is in “good shape to be our coach for a long, long time.” (Here’s hoping so.)
20. Frank Haith is doing great work at Missouri, but some folks haven’t forgotten the mess he left behind at Miami. (And they rip the heck out of him for it.)
|Post Comments »||No Comments|