April 5th, 2011 11:58 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Reliant Stadium, Steve Spurrier, UK, UT
1. John Calipari racked up an additional $375,000 in bonuses this season. (AD Mitch Barnhart pocketed some extra coin, too.)
2. Great analysis here of how UK and the other three members of the Final Four were apparently impacted by the shooting backdrop at Reliant Stadium.
3. Flu-like symptoms will keep Josh Harrellson from competing at the NBA’s top pre-draft camp. (Shame. Harrellson was probably the feel-good story in the SEC this year.)
4. Steve Spurrier still wants Stephen Garcia to become the kind of quarterback teammates rally around.
5. Tennessee’s new hoops coaches are hitting the floor — literally — during team workouts.
6. Cuonzo Martin is expected to hire Nebraska’s Tracy Webster for his final assistant post… rather than UT interim coach and Bruce Pearl holdover Houston Fancher.
7. Derek Dooley’s take on a weekend scrimmage didn’t seem to match up with the stats provided to the media, but this writer says fans should believe their coach over the numbers.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|