June 9th, 2013 10:12 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Current Denver Bronco, Daniel Gray, Former Miami, Johnny Manziel, Memphis Tiger, Nevin Shapiro, Nick Saban, Russell Wilson, Utah State, Von Miller
1. Does Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel have a baseball future? Drafted in the 29th round by the Boston Red Sox.
2. Oddsmakers expect a lot of close Florida games this year. “Of Florida’s 12 games, six of them have a spread of six points or less.”
3. A new border war battle in the SEC - Arkansas vs. Missouri.
4. Former Tennessee defensive back Daniel Gray has made it official – signed his grant-in-aid with Utah State.
5. Kevin Scarbinsky on Mississippi State’s NCAA penalties: “The slight Mississippi State penalties are just another sign that the NCAA’s law-and-order division is a shell of its former self.”
6. Current Denver Bronco and former Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller on Johnny Manziel’s NFL chances: “Him and Russell Wilson are definitely the same height, and you see the type of success Russell Wilson had. I think he’ll definitely have success.”
7. Auction for Nick Saban lake house property delayed three weeks because of ”a surge of late interest.”
8. Mark Story: ”Most Wildcats fans I encounter seem almost giddy over the state of UK athletics.”
9. Chad Jones played football and baseball at LSU. Drafted by the NFL’s New York Giants in 2010, he was drafted by MLB’s Cincinnati Reds on Friday.
10. Former Miami booster Nevin Shapiro reportedly claiming he used inside information from Miami coaches to bet on football games.
11. Can college athletics be reformed? “The question is whether anyone is brave enough to pursue them.”
12. Academic fraud scandal cost North Carolina more than $500,000 – in public relations bills.
13. Want to buy Terrelle Prior’s 2008 Big Ten title ring?
14. Joe Walljasper on a current Memphis Tiger and former Missouri Tiger: “What do you do with a problem like Michael Dixon?”
15. Arizona State baseball player Cory Hahn’s career lasted three games – he was paralyzed in 2011. The Arizona Diamondbacks made him their 34th round selection on Saturday.
16. 19-year old Hank Aaron’s pivotal 1953 season in Jacksonville. Hit .362 but committed 36 errors – as a second baseman.
17. Does Tennessee have the best looking girls in the SEC?
|Post Comments »||No Comments|