March 22nd, 2011 11:44 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: New Mexico, NIT, Safety Brent Brewer, UT
1. Safety Brent Brewer is back on the Tennessee football team after domestic abuse charges against him were reduced to “offensive touching.” (Never heard of that one before.)
2. UT opens spring practice today.
3. UT AD Mike Hamilton’s two main hires both ran afoul of the NCAA and this writer says he should follow both coaches out the door.
4. This writer says Pearl’s wounds were self-inflicted.
5. James Franklin is bringing a new attitude to Vanderbilt.
6. Alabama’s 74-67 win over New Mexico in the NIT last night improved its home record to 18-0 on the season. (Now that’s how you keep the hometown fans happy.)
7. The Crimson Tide will host Miami on Wednesday night with the winner moving on to Madison Square Garden for the tourney’s semifinals.
8. Mark Barron participated in Bama’s first day of spring drills yesterday despite a misdemeanor arrest on Sunday.
9. Auburn is having to replace eight starters on offense… and eight more on defense. Ouch.
10. All that turnover includes the receiver and tight end positions.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|