April 27th, 2011 11:39 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Drake Nevis, NFL, Ryan Harrow, SI
With storms and power outages rolling across the South today — and probably coming soon to MrSEC.com Headquarters — we’re going to run through as many quicky headlines as possible for you.
1. Alabama could have three juniors taken in the first round of tomorrow’s NFL draft.
2. The Iron Bowl rivalry even extends to said Draft.
3. Cam Newton’s lack of leadership skills will haunt him in the NFL…
4. Or not.
5. A pair of Arkansas O-linemen want to keep UA’s run of good fortune in the draft rolling.
6. Hog QB candidates Tyler Wilson and Brandon Mitchell sound off about their leadership skills.
7. Due to a lack of size — he’s 6-1, 305 — former LSU D-tackle Drake Nevis is expected to be a third-round pick at best.
8. Derek Sherrod could be MSU’s first first-round draft pick in 14 years.
9. Receiver Chris Smith’s jaw surgery went well.
10. Quarterback Barry Brunetti’s clearance by the NCAA is another win for Ole Miss.
11. Here’s more on Will Muschamp’s decision to boot Janoris Jenkins from Florida’s team.
12. Did Justin Houston fail a drug test while at Georgia?
13. Peter King of SI.com says the Atlanta Falcons are trying to trade up for AJ Green.
14. Joker Phillips has confidence that Kentucky will soon be competing for an SEC title.
15. NC State point guard Ryan Harrow might have visited UK’s campus yesterday. And maybe he didn’t.
16. Ex-South Carolina O-lineman Jarriel King could go in the first round of tomorrow’s NFL draft.
17. Former Tennessee offensive lineman Jarrod Shaw is just hoping to get drafted.
18. SI.com’s Seth Davis says UT’s hire of Cuonzo Martin was the smartest basketball hire this offseason.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|