February 7th, 2013 01:01 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Coach Freeze, Georgia, recruiting, Rivals, Signing Day Wrap
1. Desmond Howard tweet: “Judging by the skepticism I’ve heard re: #OleMiss, seems as though Coach Freeze finally figured out how they do it in the South. CONGRATS! “
2. Even LeBron James is tweeting about SEC recruiting.
3. Geoff Calkins: “Ladies and gentlemen, I give you signing day 2013. In which a mother stole a letter of intent, and Ole Miss signed a mother of a recruiting class.”
6. Will Muschamp: “Recruiting is like shaving. If you don’t do it every day, you end up looking like a bum.”
7. Alabama coach Nick Saban defends five-star linebacker Reuben Foster who committed to Alabama, then to Auburn, and then ultimately back to Alabama. “I think that Reuben would like to please everyone.”
8. Kevin Scarbinsky: On paper, Alabama has won five of the last six Rivals.com recruiting national championships. On grass and dirt, Alabama… has won three of the last four BCS national titles. Coincidence? I think not.”
9. Stewart Mandel: “After all the faxes had been sent, the top two classes on Rivals.com belonged to … Nick Saban and Urban Meyer.”
10. Georgia coach Mark Richt: “As far as I’m concerned, we got the No. 1 class in America.”
11. Scott Rabalais on LSU: ”The kind of recruiting class LSU captured Wednesday could be the cool front that finally blows away the clouds that was LSU football circa 2012.”
12. Les Miles on losing players early to the NFL: ”I think it’s an advantage in the recruiting game.”
13. Texas A&M signed six defensive linemen and six linebackers to help shore up the defense. Kevin Sumlin: “That’s a quick way to do that.”
14. The class at Arkansas includes three teammates from a state championship team in Fayetteville.
15. For the first time since 2008, South Carolina did not sign a prospect in the Rivals top 100 prospects.
16. Tennessee’s assistant coaches are looking forward to 2014 recruiting. Wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni: “We made a lot of inroads today with coaches and kids that will really start the fireworks.”
17. When it comes to recruiting, former Tennessee coach Derek Dooley likes the view as a television analyst: ”The competition is fierce. …This is a much nicer seat.”
18. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel on his class being ranked at or near the bottom of the major recruiting services: “I’ve never ever looked at a ranking since I’ve been coaching. Our evaluation system has proven overall it works. We believe in it, and just leave it at that.”
19. Missouri one of the losers on signing day – Ole Miss, Texas A&M, and Auburn among the winners.
20. Kentucky puts an emphasis on retaining in-state talent. Assistant coach DJ Eliot: ”For us to be successful, we’ve got to make sure that those great players within the state stay,” Best recruiting class ever at UK?
21. If Todd Grantham leaves Georgia for the NFL, who would be the Bulldogs next defensive coordinator?
22. The NFL Combine’s official invitation list includes 10 players from Alabama and three from Auburn. LSU has the most at 13 – Georgia the third-most at 11. Three from Mississippi State invited. Marcus Lattimore leads the South Carolina list. Here are the 10 names from Florida.
23. Florida will move cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy to wide receiver during spring practices.
24. NCAA expects to receive results of independent review of the Miami investigation next week.
25. Lowest-scoring Alabama-Auburn game last night since 1949.
26. Georgia looking like Tennessee from a year ago? “The team that comes out of nowhere to make an unexpected run.”
27. Missouri travels to Texas A&M tonight. Tigers 0-4 in road games – terrible starts a big reason why.
28. John Calipari on Ryan Harrow: ”We’re trying to convince him that when he does play the right way, I believe he’s as good as any point guard in the country.”
29. Iowa State A.D. gets tossed – from a high school basketball game.
30. Tommy Tuberville gets a steakhouse menu faxed to him.
31. Calvin Klein model leaving his career for college football at SMU.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|