1. Vanderbilt defensive tackle Jared Morse is no longer with the team or enrolled in school. Coach James Franklin: “Jared broke a team rule and is not here this spring. We’re hoping that Jared will have a chance to come back. We’ll see.” Depth at defensive tackle a concern.
2. Spring practice starts Friday at Vanderbilt. Expect a battle at quarterback.
3. The brother of former LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson signed with LSU in February. Just days before, Rickey Jefferson was charged with resisting arrest.
4. Spring practice begins tomorrow at LSU. Despite returning top four players, no position will be under the microscope more than wide receiver.
5. Mike Davis and Brandon Wilds are competing to be the feature back at South Carolina. Running backs coach Everette Sands says whoever emerges will get 60 to 65 percent of the snaps.
6. Will Muschamp announces several position changes at Florida. Cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy will move to wide receiver - at least temporarily – where he’s listed as a starter.
7. Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel: “We’re no longer the underdog, like we were a little bit last year.” More troubles for Florida lineman Jessaman Dunker.
8. New Tennessee running backs coach Robert Gillespie spent four years as a running back at Florida battling the Vols. ”You never know where life is going to take you.”
9. “Real football” at Tennessee starts Thursday when the players will practice in pads for the first time.
10. Mario Cristobal will make $475,000 as offensive line coach at Alabama. He earned $522,000 as a head coach in 2012.
11. Auburn’s 2013 coaching staff will make about $1.6 million less than the 2012 staff did.
12. Arkansas had the worst rushing attack in the SEC last year – and with Knile Davis gone to the NFL – is the cupboard looking a little bare?
13. First choice for football coach at East Tennessee State? Former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer -was on campus Friday.
14. No SEC team generates more basketball revenue than Kentucky. $21.6 million in 2011-2012. Ole Miss last at $5.9 million.
15. With Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson named second-team All-SEC on Tuesday, it marked the first time in twelve years that the SEC’s leading scorer was left off the first team.
16. Peers picked Florida’s Billy Donovan as SEC Coach of the Year – but NBC Sports selected Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy for the honor.
17. SEC Player of the Year Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is ranked the No. 31 overall NBA prospect by ESPN’s Chad Ford. Georgia sophomore will decide after season if he will leave early.
18. Georgia will face LSU Thursday in the SEC Tournament. Tigers coach Johnny Jones on Caldwell-Pope: “He’s crafty. He’s excellent with the basketball in terms of his ball-handling skills.”
19. NBA questions surround underclassmen Arkansas players BJ Young and Marshawn Powell – but for now the focus is the postseason.
20. Charles Barkley’s message for most underclassmen? Stay in school. “I don’t think these guys understand how physically imposing the NBA is. The (Noel) Nerlens kid needs to stay in school. It’s not an easy decision.”
21. Did Tennessee’s Jordan McRae deserve the POY honor? Teammate Jarnell Stokes was second-team All-SEC despite being the only player to average a double-double in league play.
22. SEC Tournament gets underway tonight with Mississippi State playing South Carolina in the first game. Not a single player on the Mississippi State roster has played in an SEC Tournament.
23. South Carolina coach Frank Martin will be an assistant coach for Team USA in the 2013 World University Games.
24. Texas A&M likes their tournament draw. Aggies have defeated five of the six opponents on their side of the bracket.
25. Elston Turner has a broken bone in his finger and didn’t play in the Aggies last game but Auburn is planning on him to show tonight. Auburn coach Tony Barbee: ”The type of competitor he is, I fully expect him to be out there playing.”
26. Five years ago, Georgia went 4-12 in the SEC but won the tournament. How does that team compare to this year’s bottom of the SEC?
27. Kentucky coach John Calipari on UK’s season. ”Some of the stuff went on that won’t go on next year…The bench is going to be my best friend.”
28. Mizzou senior Alex Oriakhi won a national title at Connecticut in 2011, but he wants to be identified with the Tigers. “Other people might not like that. But oh, well.”
29. The father of Mizzou guard Phil Pressey says talk of the point guard leaving early for the NBA is premature. “When the season is over with, we’ll sit and talk with his coach and my wife and him and evaluate what’s best for Phil.’ ”
30. How good was Alabama in the SEC Tournament under Wimp Sanderson? 25-7 record and reached the finals nine times in 12 years.
31. Get used to Nashville as the host city for the SEC Tournament. Counting this year’s tourney, it will be there three of the next four years.
32. Here’s what happens when Jeff Gordon shows up in a disguise on the car lot and wants to take a test drive.