September 6th, 2012 04:01 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: espnu, Kent State, Mizzou Georgia, Stewart Mandel
1. Friday night’s Tennessee-NC State game was the most-viewed game in the history of ESPNU.
2. Tommy Tomlinson on Tyrann Mathieu: ”We couldn’t think of any other college football star who stuck around after getting kicked off his team.”
3. Kentucky running back CoShik Williams won’t play Saturday against Kent State.
4. Florida coaches watching almost three times as much film as normal in preparing for Texas A&M.
5. South Carolina defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward in his own words: “Football actually changed my life …”
6. Kevin Scarbinsky on the formula that gets Nick Saban stirred up: “Extraordinary compliments from the opposing coach of a massive underdog plus a jump to No. 1 in both polls after the first game plus a bad practice equals a Saban rant.”
7. New AU logo placed on the east side of Jordan-Hare Stadium.
8. Sports Illustrated’s Ben Glickman breaks down the Washington-LSU game.
9. SI”s Stewart Mandel calls Mizzou-Georgia his upset special of the week.
10. Only five coaches in college football – none in the SEC – have been in their current jobs longer than Mark Richt and Gary Pinkel.
11. The joyless relationship between former Kentucky coach Billy Gillespie and his players.
12. What’s the best college football town in America?
|Post Comments »||No Comments|