February 6th, 2012 10:15 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: SEC, Super Bowl, Super Bowl Sunday, UPDATE
It appears most folks took Super Bowl Sunday off as there’s just not much going on around the league today. We’ll jump into a few headlines to kick off the day…
1. There were seven ex-SEC winners in last night’s Super Bowl (and 12 ex-SEC losers). Congrats to Eli Manning and the G-men.
2. Alabama’s football program has an NFL feel that appeals to recruits.
2. Auburn’s 2012 roster will offer talent, more youth.
4. Ole Miss isn’t taking advantage of opportunities to build its NCAA tourney resume.
5. The Rebels face Mississippi State on Thursday and they’d better be wary of hot-shooting Jalen Steele (who’s hitting 40% from three-point range).
6. Florida’s Mike Rosario is making an impact outside of scoring.
7. If Kentucky’s ever going to be tested, it’s going to be this week against Florida and then at Vanderbilt.
8. Cuonzo Martin says Tennessee has “the necessary pieces” to be successful this year (despite a 3-5 SEC record).
UPDATE #1 — These aren’t happening, but someone decided to have a little fun by Nike-ing up the SEC’s football helmets. If you like any of them, I’ll be you’re under the age of 30.
UPDATE #2 — The SEC has named its Player of the Week (Kentucky’s Anthony Davis) and its Freshman of the Week (Florida’s Bradley Beal).
UPDATE #3 — ESPN.com’s Andy Katz ranks the SEC’s hoops teams from 1 through 12… and that would be Kentucky through Carolina.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|