August 20th, 2012 11:09 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Jonathan Wallace, LSU, SEC, Tanner Burns
SEC West Football
1. Nick Saban breaks down the terminology of Alabama’s defense. “Well, when I went to Cleveland, everything that Bill Belichick does has some purpose, from what you call blitz to what you call fire-zone front.”
2. True freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace continues to impress at Auburn.
3. With Knile Davis still out, freshman running back Jonathan Williams turned heads at Arkansas’ weekend scrimmage.
4. Is Bennie Logan the next great LSU defensive tackle?
5. The clock is ticking on Ole Miss safety Tanner Burns… thanks to the NCAA and its transfer rules.
7. Kevin Sumlin wasn’t happy with the energy level at Texas A&M’s weekend scrimmage.
SEC East Football
8. Special teams “phenom” Solomon Patton is emerging as a pass catcher at Florida.
9. There’s a reason Missouri and other SEC schools target the state of the Georgia.
10. Kentucky center Matt Smith “can tell you anything about every play against every defense.”
11. South Carolina safety DJ Swearinger has earned a reputation as one of the SEC’s fiercest hitters.
12. The Gamecocks will go with a receiver-by-committee approach in 2012.
13. Tennessee nose tackle Daniel McCullers is in good shape at 6-7, 360 pounds.
14. Oft-injured Vol linebacker Greg King is getting a look at tight end… thanks to several injuries to teammates.
15. Three Vanderbilt freshman have been tabbed for early playing time this season.
16. Missouri will have to earn its spurs in the SEC.
17. Former Iowa State forward Calvin Godfrey won’t transfer to LSU due to academic issues.
18. The powerbrokers of college football have “so many details to fill in” for the upcoming playoff/big bowl set-up.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|