August 19th, 2011 11:35 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Chris Juice Johnson, David Saunders, Mark Fox, Taveze Calhoun
1. Dan Mullen believes in the idea of the “hybrid player.”
2. As MSU prepares for a major scrimmage tonight…
3. They’ll do so without freshman defensive back Taveze Calhoun will likely miss the entire season.
4. Houston Nutt gave his “leg weary” Rebels an afternoon off from practice.
5. Former UM football assistant David Saunders plans to sue the school. He claims AD Pete Boone had him fired because he worked to help athletes with learning disabilities get into Ole Miss.
6. The Rebels have released their basketball schedule.
7. True freshman Chris “Juice” Johnson is fitting in nicely at safety for Florida.
8. Will Muschamp is still installing defensive schemes in Gainesville.
9. UF fans can now share their own version of The Muschamp Stare.
10. Florida’s basketball schedule is now complete.
11. Experience should help Georgia’s defense this fall.
12. Isaiah Crowell wasn’t full speed, but he was back at practice yesterday.
13. Baccari Rambo’s starting spot at safety is no longer a given.
14. Mark Fox says UGA’s hoops schedule was put together before Trey Thompkins and Travis Leslie left for the NBA, “so it should be a real task for the team that we have.”
|Post Comments »||No Comments|