September 29th, 2012 08:01 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Central Florida, Georgia, SEC, Tenarious Wright
1. Since the start of the 2010 season – Mizzou just 3-7 in true road games.
2. “Perhaps there’s some consolation in the fact that by the NCAA’s measuring system, Mizzou (along with Vanderbilt) has played the toughest schedule in the nation to date.”
3. Will the stadium be full today? “I’ll be shocked if the Knights come within 5,000 (actual attendance) of filling the stadium today.”
Arkansas at Texas A&M
4. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin on the Razorbacks: “A wounded animal is the most dangerous to deal with. “
5. After an experiment at middle linebacker, Tenarious Wright is back at defense end for Arkansas. The “collisions (at linebacker) are maybe much more violent than let’s say his collisions would be on the ball playing on the line of scrimmage.”
6. Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel has accounted for 11 touchdowns the past two games.
Tennessee at Georgia
7. What Tennessee faces: “Dooley is 4-13 in SEC play, 1-7 on the road and 0-11 versus ranked opponents. Rhetoric can’t change that. Winning can.”
8. “Imagine a few years saying that a game against Tennessee sandwiched in between games against Vanderbilt and South Carolina was a letdown game. But that’s exactly the worry in some quarters.”
9. The last time Georgia won three straight SEC games by more than 20 points? 1981.
10. Dennis Dodd: “The Dawgs have that undefeated look.”
|Post Comments »||No Comments|