October 24th, 2013 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, SEC, South Carolina, Tennessee Alabama
1. South Carolina and Georgia are the only two teams in the conference to be ranked 10th or worse in punting, punt returns and kick returns.
2. LSU true freshman defensive back/tailback Jeryl Brazil suspended indefinitely following his second arrest in less than two months.
3. Alabama has indefinitely suspended backup defensive end LaMichael Fanning - violation of team rules. Sixth Alabama player suspended this season.
4. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin not ruling out Austyn Carta-Samuels’ availability at Texas A&M but looks like redshirt freshman Patton Robinette will get the start. Update: Robinette to start – Carta-Samuels unavailable this week.
5. South Carolina quarterback Dylan Thompson on getting his first start of the year against Missouri. “Missouri’s a great defense. They’re really talented. ”
6. Missouri’s defense got a boost from their strength and conditioning coach: “He told us he’s never seen a team argue on the sideline and still be able to win championships.”
7. Carolina’s defense faces a Missouri receiving corps that’s one of the tallest in the country. “They pose a lot of different threats, and a lot of different issues in terms of press coverage.”
8. Since 1990, Mississippi State has more wins against Kentucky than any other team it has faced in that time.
9. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen has never lost to Kentucky - 4-0 vs the Wildcats.
10. Tennessee offensive tackle Antonio Richardson tried to convince Alabama defensive end Jeoffrey Pagan to become a Vol when the two were coming out of high school: “He tried but I was pretty much sold on Alabama.”
11. Tennessee coach Butch Jones gets about four hours of sleep a night: “There aren’t enough hours in the day.”
12. Jones on the Tennessee-Alabama rivalry: ”We need to start winning these games.”
13. Alabama has beaten Tennessee six straight years but Nick Saban has never fired up a victory cigar.”It’s not a tradition I started.”
14. Graffiti Part 1 - Tennessee/Alabama.
15. Graffiti Part 2 – Texas/Texas A&M.
16. Know who leads the SEC interceptions? If you said Ole Miss safety Cody Prewitt, you’re correct.
17. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze is familiar with Idaho coach Paul Petrino from Petrino’s days as an offensive coordinator.
18. Auburn has depth concerns in the secondary, but Kiehl Frazier will remain on offense.
19. Auburn seeing big improvement from quarterback Nick Marshall - 240 rushing yards and four touchdowns in the last two SEC games.
20. When it comes to penalties, Texas A&M is 84th in the country - averaging 6.6 per game.
21. Will Muschamp on his 4-3 Gators: “We’ve got to get our guys playing faster, we’ve got to get our guys playing with more confidence.”
22. Evidence that SEC dominance isn’t going away anytime soon? “59 of the nation’s top 100 seniors are from states in the SEC footprint.
23. What’s driving the SEC this year- parity or injuries?
24. Upcoming Georgia-Florida game “World’s Largest Outdoor Pity Party”?
25. Losing redshirt freshman outside linebacker Jeremi Powell to a torn ACL means Florida has now had eight players suffer season-ending injuries.
26. LSU fullback J.C. Copeland suffered a concussion in the team shower room. Not likely to play Saturday.
27. South Carolina offensive guard Ronald Patrick and defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles returned to practice Wednesday.
28. Arkansas lost defensive tackle Robert Thomas to a season-ending injury but the Razorbacks are honoring him by having someone wear his number the rest of the season.
29. Auburn updates its depth chart - senior Jake Holland and sophomore Kris Frost are listed as co-starters at middle linebacker.
30. How the TV networks view the top 25.
31. Hey student-athletes – how about unlimited snacks?
32. Tapping the brakes on the Kentucky undefeated season talk.
33. Tennessee’s Josh Richardson worked on his 3-point shooting this offseason: “In the summer, it was at least 500 a day.”
|Post Comments »||One Comment|