November 15th, 2013 11:34 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Jadeveon Clowney, LSU, NFL, Three Alabama
1. South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney still projected as likely first overall pick: “My attitude would be, unless you need a quarterback or a great left tackle, you take Jadeveon Clowney.”
2. Three Alabama players make Kiper’s top 25: Linebacker C.J. Mosley, safety HaHa Clinton-Dix and offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio. He’s especially high on Mosley: ”He’ll be one of the first four, five, six, seven players drafted more than likely.”
3. Three Texas A&M players projected to go in the first round - quarterback Johnny Manziel, receiver Mike Evans and offensive tackle Jake Matthews. Kiper says Matthews has a chance to be the first overall pick.
5. He likes LSU running back Jeremy Hill – “intriguing prospect” – and thinks wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. and quarterback Zach Mettenberger could go late in the first round.
6. LSU has four juniors that could enter the draft next spring.
7. Kiper has offensive tackle Antonio Richardson the highest-ranked Tennessee offensive linemen; ranks A.J. Johnson the No. 2 inside linebacker among underclassmen.
8. Georgia’s top prospects for the 2014 draft are tight end Arthur Lynch and quarterback Aaron Murray. “He’s a heck of a quarterback at the collegiate level. Will he be a starting quarterback you can win with in the NFL? That’s the debate.”
|Post Comments »||No Comments|