November 1st, 2011 11:06 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, LSU
Tags: LSU, Miles Frankly, Tickets Currently, Tigers Tide
Line watch: The early money is on Alabama as the opening line of Tide -4 has shifted to Tide -5 on this Tuesday morning.
Tickets: Currently the highest-priced tickets on StubHub.com are listed at $10, 423.14 a piece. We’ll see if prices rise as we move toward kickoff. Not bad… you can get a pair of lower bowl end zone seats for a smidge under $21,000. And they say our economy is bad.
And now the top stories on Tigers/Tide all in one spot:
1. National media outlets are flooding into Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa this week.
2. So far, the players on both sides are handling the hype.
3. Les Miles admits that his staff will be coaching differently leading up to Saturday’s ultra-game.
4. Despite that fact, Miles calm demeanor might just help to keep his players calm, too.
5. Miles had nothing but praise yesterday for Alabama’s “very strong and capable coach.” (And now, the feats of strength!)
6. The comments from LSU’s coach were softer than some of the jabs he’s taken at Nick Saban and Alabama in the past.
7. LSU’s “synthetic marijuana three” will play against Bama just as everyone suspected.
8. In a matchup of two of the nation’s most physical teams, expect the game to be won in the trenches.
9. Former Tide and Tiger players are already giving their predictions.
10. Saban, who turned 60 yesterday, has everything under control.
11. This writer believes this weekend’s #1 versus #2 matchup might be the first such game in which the top two teams have so separated themselves from the pack.
12. Here’s a look back at some of those great #1 versus #2 games.
13. Can Saturday’s game live up to the hype?
14. Miles: “Frankly, I don’t know how high ‘too jacked up’ is.”
15. Saban: “Well, you can give them all the instruction that you’d like, but just like we all have children that we give instruction to when they go out on a date, you’re never really sure if (they’re) going to do it or not.”
|Post Comments »||No Comments|