September 15th, 2011 01:05 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: SEC, Tony Barnhart, Tyler Wilson, UM
With some business to attend to this afternoon, this is going to be a particularly headline-heavy day. Let’s get started…
1. Not all SEC schools and coaches are A-OK with Thursday night games. UPDATE — Here’s a lengthier piece, same topic.
2. Receiver Duron Carter remains on Alabama’s scout team and there’s “no new information to report” regarding his eligibility.
3. Bama’s running backs provide a balanced attack.
4.. Don’t expect Nick Saban to get too funky with the Crimson Tide’s uniforms. (Even last year’s Nike Pro Combat unis were tame by Nike standards.)
5. Even after a 2-0 start, Auburn’s schedule presents a big challenge.
6. The Tiger D will continue to feature a deep rotation of players.
7. Arkansas wants to force more turnovers.
8. Brandon Mitchell has proven himself to be a capable backup to quarterback Tyler Wilson.
9. Drop-back passer Zach Stoudt and dual-threat Randall Mackey will both play for Ole Miss against Vandy on Saturday. (No surprise, seeing as how UM has used five different QB in the last two years.)
10. Mackey has pled not guilty to charges of disorderly conduct stemming from an August 23rd bar fight.
11. The Rebel secondary is taking a simpler approach this year.
12. Mississippi State is breaking ground on its new football complex today.
13. Tony Barnhart poses five questions heading into this week’s SEC action.
|Post Comments »||Comments (2)|