April 10th, 2013 12:45 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn Chad Slade, Jai Miller, Miami, Moussa Gueye, NBA, SEC, Trevor Releford
1. Georgia offensive line coach Will Friend was not happy with his unit’s performance in Saturday’s spring game. Returning starters John Theus and Kenarious Gates worked on the second team in Tuesday’s practice.
2. Mark Richt at public appearance: “I look like a bum, I apologize.”
3. SEC All-Freshman safety Rohan Gaines has noticed a change with the new Arkansas staff - they want him closer to the line of scrimmage with an emphasis on stopping the running game.
4. He pursued a career in professional baseball. Now 28-year old Jai Miller is trying to earn a job in Nick Saban’s secondary.
5. Alabama receiver DeAndrew White is six months into his recovery from knee surgery. Expects to participate in full contact drills by the time fall camp starts.
6. What’s the future at wide receiver for Florida’s Loucheiz Purifoy? “It’s clear the coaches are determined to get Purifoy involved on offense.”
7. Vanderbilt defensive back Steven Clarke is competing for a starting spot at two different positions.
8. Auburn’s Chad Slade has started everywhere along the offensive line except for center. Looks like he has a permanent position at right guard. But several positions are up for grabs as the Tigers start the second half of spring practice.
9. There may be only one open spot on the Volunteers offensive line but there’s plenty of competition and cross-training going on at Tennessee.
10. John Adams on the Vols: “Although UT’s offensive line should be one of the best in the SEC, the running game is questionable at best. So is the defense.”
11. With other running backs injured, Mississippi State’s Derrick Milton is getting reps with the first-team offense.
12. Based on their spring play, these players could be on the verge of making noise in the SEC this fall.
13. Just one SEC team in the final USA Today Coaches’ Poll – Florida comes in at No. 9. Third straight top-1o finish for the Gators.
14. Alabama center Moussa Gueye plans to transfer. Alabama guard Trevor Releford recognized as the team’s most valuable player.
15. Kevin Scarbinsky: “The commonwealth of Kentucky is not the basketball equivalent of the state of Alabama in football. Not quite, not yet and probably not ever.” But is it too early to talk about a possible Kentucky-Louisville title game showdown in 2014?
16. Mock draft has Kentucky’s Nerlens Noel going first overall but no Archie Goodwin in the first round.
17. Several (non-SEC) players announced Tuesday they’re leaving school early for the NBA.
18. Are Louisville and Michigan the model for how to re-energize college basketball? Rick Pitino’s getting a $425,000 bonus.
19. Recruit commits to Miami and says this about the NCAA investigation. ”When you have a president like President [Donna] Shalala on your side, you can’t lose. And there’s no way Miami will lose this.”
20. Time to unionize college athletics?
21. Jay-Z’s stake in the Brooklyn Nets is worth less than a two-bedroom Brooklyn apartment.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|