Florida 64 – Alabama 52. Video Highlights
1. Gators clinch share of SEC title with victory. Florida rallies in second half with Casey Prather coming off the bench to provide 10 points and nine rebounds, sparks a 19-2 run.
2. Crimson Tide finished with 22 fouls. Gators had nine. Florida a perfect 13-for-13 at the free-throw line in the second half. Florida coach Billy Donovan: “I thought Alabama outplayed us.”
3. Alabama NCAA Tournament chances? “If the destination turns out to be the NIT instead, home December losses to Dayton, Mercer and Tulane will be the difference.”
Georgia 78 – Tennessee 68. Video Highlights
4. Bulldogs complete a season sweep of the Vols behind 25 points from Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Football coach Mark Richt spoke to the team on Friday, a season-high 9,436 fans at Stegeman Coliseum on Saturday.
5. Jordan McRae makes 10-of-15 shots, scores 35 points for Tennessee – rest of team scores 33. Coach Cuonzo Martin: “We didn’t get a good flow on offense.”
6. Tennessee tournament chances? “Tennessee’s hopes of playing its way into the NCAA tournament didn’t officially end as well, but they took a shot on the jaw.”
Missouri 89 – LSU 76. Video Highlights
7. With 52 points in the paint, Mizzou dominates inside. Alex Oriakhi and Laurence Bowers combine for 41 points and 20 rebounds.
8. LSU led 25-12 in the game before Missouri went on a 29-8 run. Coach Johnny Jones: ”They did a great job of controlling the paint area (Saturday), which is an area we had concern with.”
Arkansas 73 – Kentucky 60. Video Highlights
9. Razorbacks force 19 Kentucky turnovers, grab SEC-high 20 offensive rebounds. Coach Mike Anderson: “We tried to make the game as chaotic as we could and I thought that was the difference.”
10. Points off turnovers – Arkansas 30, Kentucky 2. John Calipari: “I wake up every day, don’t know how the team will play.”
11. Arkansas tournament chances? ”The Razorbacks kept their hopes alive…This team still has quite a bit of work to do, however.”
Mississippi State 73 – Ole Miss 67. Video Highlights
12. Bulldogs snap 13-game losing streak with over their in-state rivals. Mississippi State coach Rick Ray: “I was tired of coming up here and talking about a loss after every home game.”
13. Marshall Henderson scores 16 points but make only 4-of-19 shots from the field. Reginald Buckner draws a costly technical foul.
14. Ole Miss tournament chances? Seriously damaged unless the Rebels win the SEC Tournament. Should coach Andy Kennedy worry about his future? ”That question should be asked to the person that’s in charge of my job. Not me.”
Texas A&M 74 – South Carolina 56. Video Highlights
15. Aggies go on 14-0 second-half run to break the game open. Game-high 28 points from Elston Turner.
16. During eight-minute scoreless stretch, Gamecocks miss 14 shots and commit five turnovers. Coach Frank Martin: “If we keep missing open shot after open shot after open shot, it’s hard to win.”
Vanderbilt 62 – Auburn 55. Video Highlights
17. Behind Kedren Johnson’s 16 points and 14 from Kevin Bright, Vanderbilt gets its fourth win in its last five games. Coach Kevin Stallings: “We’re very happy to get a very ugly road win.”
18. 13th loss in 14 games for Auburn – worst stretch for the Tigers since 1947. At 9-20, second twenty-loss season under coach Tony Barbee.