May 12th, 2013 10:59 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Andrew Wiggins, Auburn, Dameyune Craig, Mark Stoops, NCAA, SEC, Vince Dooley
1. What if the SEC and the rest of the power conferences only played each other? ”If the big boys played only the big boys…it would send dominoes falling in every direction.”
2. Former Penn State quarterback Steven Bench will visit Mississippi State on May 20 and 21.
3. Georgia suspended offensive lineman Kolton Houston speaks publicly about steroids. NCAA should make ”a special case for me.”
4. Does new Kentucky coach Mark Stoops deserve a first-year pass?
5. What Stoops and the other new coaches in the SEC have accomplished this spring.
6. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn had to chase down Dameyune Craig twice before hiring him. Now Craig’s recruiting efforts are paying big dividends for the Tigers. (Another recruit committed Sunday morning.)
7. Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson on his linebacking corps: ”My linebacker depth chart in total is very fluid right now.”
8. If an NFL team was made up of only Alabama and LSU players – how good would it be?
9. With Jarnell Stokes and Jordan McRae back but Trae Golden gone, what’s the future look like at Tennessee?
10. The future at Kentucky could be altered on Tuesday. That’s when super prospect Andrew Wiggins could reportedly make his decision.
11. Here’s one area where Kentucky and Louisville could work together for the benefit of both.
12. Jon Solomon: “It’s estimated that more than half of viewers’ monthly cable TV costs are due to sports programming.”
13. Les Miles’ son throws a no-hitter. Second no-hitter of the season for Manny Miles.
14. Les can watch his son play but former Georgia coach Vince Dooley couldn’t watch son Derek play high school football back in the 1980′s- it was against NCAA rules at the time.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|