1. Kentucky has a chance to double its spring-game attendance record tonight. 49,000 tickets distributed plus another 11,000 given to elementary and middle school students.
2. At Texas A&M’s spring game today, all eyes on quarterback Johnny Manziel.
3. Don’t expect starters to get much playing time at today’s South Carolina spring game . Coaches want to get young players some experience.
4. First team vs. second team at Vanderbilt’s spring game. Coach James Franklin: “The gap between our ones and our twos is not like what it used to be.”
5. Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu on his failed drug tests: “I don’t remember saying a specific number. I said I’ve failed several drug tests.”
6. Expect a more “game-like” scrimmage today at Alabama. Crimson Tide off Sunday and then head to the White House on Monday.
7. More than 1,600 coaches watched Alabama practice Friday.
8. Auburn running back Tre Mason battling an ankle injury, not participating in full-contact drills.
9. Second scrimmage of the spring today at Auburn. Coaches seeking major improvement. Offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee: “We’re looking for a big jump.”
10. Verdict on second Mississippi State scrimmage? Defense dominated.
11. Tennessee coach Butch Jones and Peyton Manning – a mutual admiration society.
12. Evan Boehm started every game for Missouri at left guard as a true freshman. His sophomore season will see him under center.
13. The NCAA director of enforcement is leaving his job and returning to Auburn. Dave Didion will join Auburn’s compliance department, a post he left in 1999 to go to the NCAA.
14. Auburn’s board of trustees approve plan to redevelop Toomer’s Corner - will plant new trees.
15. A posthumous appointment for Mal Moore at Alabama. Board of trustees name him Athletic Director Emeritus.
16. How are Tennessee athletics faring under A.D. Dave Hart?
17. Seton Hall guard Aaron Crosby transferring to Illinois - was also considering Missouri.
18. Louisville coach Rick Pitino will get a tattoo on his shoulder next month.
19. Some PR advice for Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops: “Just don’t trout out the Hungry Sunday line. At least not for public consumption.”
20. Tim Tebow – Great Floridian.